It consisted of three independent prologues to the final story.
The Cognitron Mineshaft[edit | edit source]
The version is a prologue taking place 200 years before the main story. The player is Number 6, a prisoner of a Cognitron mine, who is in possession of secret plans in his neural implant, and has to escape to the surface with the help of Amy.
Its main features are:
- the first preview of a procedurally generated dungeon, with its mini-map.
- an introduction to two of the main species: the humans and the Cognitrons.
Rokh Camp[edit | edit source]
It is focused on:
- the crafting system.
- new tool - the jetpack, and new weapon - the sonic carabine.
- ability to copy/paste blueprints in creative mode.
Blocky Blockade[edit | edit source]
The player is Myra, a female mercenary hired to help the rebellion on Merx.
Its major features are:
- the fortress of the Imperium Machina, a mix of procedural and designed dungeon
- new enemies: legionaries and their imperator
- first vehicle - the hoverbike.
- Merx planet generation and fauna.